Sunday, February 5, 2012

An Interview with Rokky (the pug)

All families who wish to adopt go through a process called a homestudy. It basically includes lots of paperwork, criminal background checks and interviews to make sure you are emotionally prepared to adopt a child (and that you aren't some kind of deranged lunatic!). Each year you get a renewal to check in & make sure that all is still good. We kind of joked about the interview and wondered what our 4 legged family members would say if the social worker interviewed them about adoption. First we'll hear from our puppy girl Rokky!






How long have you lived with Katie & Eleanor? I’ve lived with both of my moms for almost 6 years. I’ve been with my mom Katie for almost twelve years?


Have you always lived in Greensboro, NC? No, but I’ve been here the longest. I also lived in South Korea (my homeland), Massachusetts, Virginia, and Rhode Island.


How did you get from South Korea to the United States? Is that legal? I swam…just kidding! It was on a plane. I have all my papers (it’s perfectly legal). I came into her life through international adoption. She adopted me when I was 6 weeks old. I was an honorary Private in the Army with Katie who was a Captain. When she came home I got to come home too!


What are your feelings about babies?I like that they are small, and that sometimes they drop food. You know they don’t start off eating food – they drink bottles.Well I can wait. They also smell interesting. But sometimes that interesting is really bad like they should have gone out for a walk. Do you think I’ll get blamed for that smell?


What’s the first thing you want to do when a baby comes to live with you? I want to show them where the best place on the couch is. I also want to sneeze on them (I sneeze on everyone). My mommas say it’s a blessing! When they eat food I will stare at them till they drop something. I also think it will be fun when we get to dress up for Halloween. My mom’s put me in some pretty silly costumes – I wonder what they will dress a baby like?







Do you have any questions for your moms about babies? I’m not sure. Should I bark when it makes noise (like I do with doorbells and dogs on TV) or should I just watch them? How long do they stay little? Will it live with us all the time? Will it like to play with me or go on walks?


Do you have any advice for a baby that comes to live with you? Do NOT poop on the floor!!! Oh, yeah… and DO put cookies on the floor. ;)

3 comments:

Jenny Nichols said...

Rokky is such an adorable little guy! I can't wait to follow your family's journey. I'm sure a lucky little baby will come along soon. Best wishes!

katieandeleanor said...

Thanks Jenny for your kind thoughts! Rokky sure does keep us laughing! She has the greatest expressions sometimes like she understands you on such a deep level! She probably just wants cookies! :)

Nanie said...

Rokky, you are a sweet and very adaptable little Pug! I'm sure any two legged addition to your family will be A-OK with you (especially one who may drop food on the floor).